I have a diverse background that makes me well suited to work with individuals and groups to empower and facilitate growth and change. I have always been driven to be of service and have worked with various populations in the capacity of volunteer, teacher, herbalist and counselor. I am a naturalist and love the natural places of this planet. I hike often and snowshoe when I can. I have an almost insatiable curiosity about the world and this has fostered my love of travel. Exploring other cultures, their rituals and ceremonies, thrills me. I am a student of spirituality and am interested in its role in our daily lives. I am warm, welcoming, creative and supportive. I know the power of therapy can transform as I have experienced this for myself.
My education includes a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology from Regis University and Certification as Clinical Master Herbalist from the Southwest School for Botanical Studies. I have post-graduate training in Gestalt and Existential Group Facilitation, Jungian Sandplay and Ecopsychology. I have been trained in EMDR therapy from the Maiberger Institute as a specific treatment for trauma. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with the state of Colorado.
How I work:
As a Clinical Herbalist for a decade, I developed a holistic approach to working with people and bring this approach to my therapy practice. The health of mind, body, heart and spirit are all vital to the therapeutic process, healing and growth.
I work with clients to help them live a more satisfying and connected life. We all move towards heath and I collaborate with my clients’ own inner wisdom to encourage this natural movement. I use a variety of approaches to support my clients and may incorporate art, journaling, ritual, active imagination or mindfulness. A client may bring in dreams as rich material to access the deep. We may have a counseling session outside to engage the power and spirit of the natural world or conduct a session with role play. There is no pressure and I partner with my client according to their comfort, safety and trust. If the client wishes and when appropriate, I incorporate herbal medicine and aromatherapy in my counseling practice.
My holistic approach enables safety and trust to develop so that the work of creating a more joyful life may begin. I am passionate about assisting people in living a more soulful and fulfilling life.
My professional experience includes
- creating and facilitated women’s process groups to assist in times of challenge and transition and professional women’s support groups;
- a private practice in Holistic Health Care as a Master Clinical Herbalist for 10 years;
- working in an Affordable Counseling program addressing diverse issues such as panic and anxiety attacks, bipolar disorder, substance abuse and borderline personality;
- counseling the Homeless population for the Denver Rescue Mission;
- counseling practice in Denver working with adults age 18 and up, specializing in communication, relationship intimacy, self esteem, depression, anxiety and panic among women.
- leading month long wilderness trips for teenagers facilitating group dynamics, skills training and immersion in the natural world.
- facilitating a weekly two hour Wings group for survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- facilitating groups for Intensive Inpatient and Outpatient Programs at a psychiatric facility; case management and intake.
Along with psychotherapy and herbalism, I am an Affiliate Faculty member at Regis University in the Graduate Counseling program and have taught Group facilitation, Cultural issues and Social Justice, Spirituality and Counseling and Ecopsychology. I have been Adjunct Faculty for Metropolitan State University in Denver, teaching courses in their undergraduate Psychology department. Teaching for the Rocky Mountain Conservancy, I lead day long field seminars on edible, medicinal and historical uses of plants of the region in the summer.
To discuss becoming a client please call 720-340-1295
- Colorado Counseling Association
- American Counseling Association
- Wings Foundation
- Association for Specialists in Group Work
- Association for Spiritual, Ethical and Religious Values in Counseling
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Regis University